Saturday, September 13, 2008


I will now go back and talk about the pregnancy...dont worry nothing yucky but just filling you in on the timeline. In October we quit taking the Fertility medacine that I had been taking for
a year since we couldn't get pregnant by ourselves. At the end on November we found out that I was pregnant...on our own! In December we had our first ultrasound. It was cool to see that Bradley was moving already at only 9 weeks along. My pregnancy was pretty easy, no morning sickness, no hormones (seriously ask Lee!) and no crazy craving. I never asked Lee to go out in the middle of the night to get me watermellon.

In March we had the ultrasound to see what he was. It was so funny because the ultrasound tech put the thing on my belly and said well I am glad that you wanted to know what you are having because he isn't shy about showing you what he is! The next few months went by with tons of movement from him especially when I would lay down at night. The only problems that I had in my last trimester was swolen feet and a scare about having Gestational diabetes which ended up being nothing. One of the coolest things that happened while we were pregnant was that my sister Mallory was pregnant too. At about 8 months we were able to take belly pictures together which was a ton of fun. Mallory was due 2 weeks before I was so we were pretty close together.

About three weeks before I was due I was at work and thought that I was going into labor so I ran to the doctors office to see if I was and my substitute doctor (my doc was out of town) said that I was in Latent Labor which means that I am in labor but it isn't active so I was sent home to wait until the labor became stronger. I went in two times in the next week with no change in my labor so I just waited until there was something more painful happening before I went back to the hospital. A week before my due date my sister Mallory was getting induced since she hadn't gone into labor yet and we were planning on going down to St. George to be there for when she had her baby...but at 4:30 that morning my water broke so we obviously weren't going to St. George. I was sure that we were going to have our babies on the same day but my labor was fast and furious and I had Bradley at 12:18 that afternoon. Mallory's baby was born at 8 the next morning so they are about 20 hours apart. They are both doing great and at 2 weeks old we had baby pictures done together. At birth Lucy( the one on the left) was 8 lbs. 9 oz. and Bradley (on the right) was 6lbs. 9 oz. but now Bradley has caught up to Lucy and I wouldn't be suprised at all if he passes her up with the way that he eats.

I absoultely love being a mom and recomend it to everyone!

No comments: